STORYCORD workshops align with your Access program objectives.
Enhances English Language Skills
• Digital storytelling provides a platform for your students to practice speaking and understanding in English through creating and sharing their stories in English.
• By working on their digital stories, your students can improve their language proficiency, vocabulary, and grammar.
Develops Communication and Critical Thinking
• Digital storytelling encourages your students to think critically as they plan, organize, and present their stories.
• Your students learn how to effectively communicate their ideas, thoughts, and emotions in English.
Offers Fun and Age Appropriate Activities
• Digital storytelling offers fun and age-appropriate activity for your students to improve their English skills.
• In digital storytelling, your students express themselves, and explore their imagination in an enjoyable way.
Provides Community Engagement
• In digital stories, your students share perspectives about their volunteer projects.
• Your students can publish digital stories on their service projects that make a difference in their communities, contributing to positive change.
Offers Comprehensive Learning
• Digital storytelling aligns with Access program’s goals of teaching English language skills, introducing American culture and values, and fostering computer literacy.
• Your students learn how to use computers, the internet, and a video-editing program to create their own digital stories.
Supports Personal Growth and Leadership.
• Through digital story telling, your students have the opportunity to grow as individuals and prepare for leadership exchange program interviews.
Listen to a Digital Mentor
Alumna of English ACCESS and FLEX